Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dr. Jessica Rutledge

When we flew in from Vegas, we were on a very short schedule because my sister was being hooded that night as a doctoral graduate in Occupational Therapy from Belmont University.  So, yeah, she's the DOCTOR!  All of the family came in to see Dr. Smarty Pants walk across that stage!  We are all so very proud of her.  It took a lot of hard work and many many tears, but she made it! 

During the hooding ceremony, they asked the graduates to go outside for a group picture.  As I was snapping pics of Jess walking down the aisle, I had taken my eyes off Mary Haddox for less than 5 seconds.  When I look up from the lens of my camera, I spot her....walking up the steps of the stage.  She gets on stage, and does a few ballerina spins, and I'm about to have a coronary.  She sees my face and immediately knows that may not have been the best decision she's ever made.  She gets down and tells me "But mommy...it was my turn to be on stage".....Needless to say, it was very cute, but oh wow...my blood pressure.









No comments:

Post a Comment